Data Analyst (07645)The Application Data Analyst will manage the administration of the interpretation projects, including managing project access rights, project creation, upgrades and archive. The Application Data Analyst will also be responsible for seismic data management of interpretation projects, including data loading and data QC.
- Manage seismic data in projects. Load seismic data products and navigation, apply company’s naming standards in all seismic data products
- QC and correct errors in projects, including seismic data and navigation, CRS, and units of measure
- Create, archive and retrieve projects
- Upgrade projects to new versions
- Convert projects to other platforms (e.g. GeoFrame to Paradigm)
- Move seismic and interpretation data between platforms
- Balance projects on systems
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Geoscience
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in Geoscience applications and data management, or the equivalent education
- Comprehensive knowledge of seismic data, particularly loading of seismic related products (e.g. stacks, gathers, velocity, navigation)
- Knowledge and proficiency working in Linux environment
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following application suites : Paradigm GeoFrame, Petra and Petrel
- While skill in the Paradigm interpretation platform is preferred, a proven ability in another platform is acceptable, recognizing the requirement to quickly become knowledge in Paradigm at Hess
- Ability to learn and effectively use any new software products required for the performance of duties
- Ability to prioritize work in support of multifaceted subsurface teams working to varied deadlines (some of which will have very short time frames)
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, performing tasks locally but as a member of a global network
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with both the business unit and technical support staffs, as well as management
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.hess.com/careers and search E&P Jobs no later than 5 March 2012. Put the number you wish to apply in job number box in search criteria page.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.